Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Like Bar-S

While I had a moment here by the computer I thought I would post about some bacon I had yesterday. I don't have a whole lot to say about it other than I found it to be tasty and worth a try.
As you can see from the box, it has a "Great Smoky Taste" and a "Satisfaction Guaranteed" promise but most importantly you should note the cowboys in the lower left corner, hanging around the chuck wagon, obviously enjoying some smoky bacon. Mmmmmm, chuck wagon.

Oh, and let me get beyond the packaging and to the important part of this post -- the bacon. What I enjoyed about the Bar-S Sliced Bacon was it was slightly less salty than other brands that I have had thus far during BC '08. I've had some "lower sodium" bacon which usually lacks in taste. This bacon was just plain ol' bacon, but less salty tasting. Where some bacon seems to have so much sodium that it overshadows the actual meat taste, this Bar-S was meat first, salt second.

If you find some give it a try and see if you agree.

No comments: